EMMA is a non-profit organization representing over 15.000 magazine publishers throughout Europe publishing over 50.000 titles in Europe, reaching on average 80% of European adults. 300 million Europeans read magazines on a regular, consistent basis. More information is available on www.magazinemedia.eu
The Future Media Lab. is EMMA's think tank. Launched in 2012, the Future Media Lab. operates at the interface of media innovation and public policy. Its aim is to bridge the gap between the fast-paced innovations in Europe's media sector and the long-lasting legislative process at EU-level by introducing various formats (conference, debate sessions) for knowledge sharing and insight generation. More information about the Future Media Lab. can be found at www.futuremedialab.info.
EMMA is offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels for a period of 3-6months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid). This internship will consist of support and assistance in the communication activities of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab.. It will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to communications and event organisation in a membership-based association and who is interested in the developments in media policy and media innovation.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab., especially the advocacy and communication actions in Brussels. It also offers the opportunity for interns to hone their writing, editing, design and website development skills.
It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting the organization of Future Media Lab events (conferences, workshops, etc.).
- Supporting the EMMA and the Future Media Lab.’s administration and organisational work, such as event registration, database management, etc.
- Updating and developing the EMMA and Future Media Lab. websites and other social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blog etc.
- Contributing to the Future Media Lab. blog and newsletter.
- Support of the Communications Manager in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects.
- Candidates should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills; the knowledge of one other EU language would be an asset.
- Interest in event organization/management.
- Experienced user of Adobe InDesign is beneficial, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and the Adobe Business Catalyst CMS a plus. Familiarity with other CMS tools also ideal (Wordpress, Wix, Jimdo).
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously
- The person should be an excellent team-player and have a demonstrated interest in media and EU policy.
EMMA internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of EMMA and Sophie Scrive, Executive Director of ENPA to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject heading: Application Intern + your name
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Our ideal start date for this position is Monday, 8 May 2017.
DEADLINE: 30 April 2017
For further information contact:
EMMA Communications Manager
+32 2 536 0607