The European Magazine Media Association is currently looking for our next Communications Intern. Are you a student who is interested in gaining practical
experience in event management, website maintenance, social media monitoring, design and more? Do you have an interest in public policy and Europe's
ever-changing media sector? Then we'd like to talk to you! The following position is available for students who are looking to gain experience in communications
for a European membership-based association in Brussels.
EMMA/Future Media Lab. Communications Internship
EMMA is a non-profit, membership based organisation representing over 15.000 magazine publishers throughout Europe publishing over 50.000 titles that reach
an average of 80% of European adults. More information about what we do can be found at www.magazinemedia.eu.
EMMA is offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat's office in Brussels for a period of 6 months (a small allowance for transport and
food will be paid). This internship consists of support and assistance in the communication activities of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab., particularly
around the Future Media Lab.'s annual conference, which will take place in Brussels in January 2017. It will particularly benefit anyone who seeks
professional experience related to communications and event organisation in a membership-based association and who is interested in the developments
in media policy and media innovation.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab., especially the advocacy and communication actions in Brussels. It also offers the opportunity for interns to hone their writing, editing, design and website development skills.
The internship consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting the organisation of Future Media Lab. events (conference, workshops, etc.)
- Supporting the EMMA and Future Media Lab.'s administration and organisational work, such as event registration, database management, etc.
- Updating and developing the EMMA and Future Media Lab. websites and other social media tools, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Contributing to the Future Media Lab. blog and newsletter.
- Support of the Communications Manager in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects.
- Candidate should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills. The knowledge of one other EU language would be an asset.
- Interest in event organisation/management.
- Experienced user of Adobe Indesign, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrato a plus.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and Business Catalyst CMS a plus
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, database).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organised and able to work efficiently and autonomously.
- The person should be an excellent team player and have a demonstrable interest in media innovation and EU policy.
Note: EMMA internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will no be short-listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of EMMA to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject heading: Application intern + your name
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Our ideal start date for this position is Monday, 5 December 2016 (note: there is flexibility regarding time off for the holidays).
DEADLINE: 28 November 2016
For further information on any of these positions, please contact:
EMMA Communications Manager
+32 2 536 0607